At Longacre we believe it is our ethos and values that set us apart from other prep schools.
At Longacre our ethos is “A happy heart goes all the way”.
- We believe that every child has excellence that should be celebrated and every child needs support in other areas.
- We believe childhood needs to be protected and children deserve to have fun at school.
- We believe in a holistic education.
Longacre aims to ensure that children are ready for the next adventure. We achieve this by:
- providing a holistic education – core subjects, languages, humanities and science – both in the classroom and outdoors.
- stretching children who are flying, and igniting the spark where this has dimmed.
- encouraging problem solving, critical thinking, outdoor learning, teamwork and leadership for all.
- running a huge range of extra-curricular clubs and activities to support children’s interests, and making sure that all children are involved in music, art, drama and performance.
- working with parents to ensure the best possible outcomes for children.
- making sure children have fun as well as being prepared for 11+.
- treating all children as individuals, from supporting their learning to enabling them to go to the widest range of destination schools.