Longacre adopts a mindful approach to PSHE, bringing together Personal, Social, Health Education, emotional literacy, social skills and spiritual development in a comprehensive scheme of learning. Teachers tailor the lessons to the children’s needs, whilst also building relationships with their class. Teaching strategies are varied and are mindful of preferred learning styles. All year groups work on the same theme at the same time and this allows for a whole school focus, whilst also teaching mindfulness techniques to build skills, attitudes, self-esteem, resilience and confidence.
Through our PSHE curriculum, we are enabling the children to:
- Improve their social skills to better enable collaborative learning
- Relax their bodies and calm their minds to prepare them for learning
- Help the brain to focus on specific learning intentions
- Initiate new learning
- Facilitate learning activities to reinforce the new learning
- Reflect on their learning and personal development